The 200 Hour
Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training©
with Daniel Hickman
* meet & greet
w/ 3 free info sessions
6:30pm on Tuesdays:
july 17. aug 14. september 4. of 2018
Autumn 2018/Winter 2019 Training Dates
September 11, 15, 16, 18, 25
October 2, 9, 16, 20, 21, 23, 30
November 6, 13, 17, 18, 27
December 4, 11, 15, 16, 18
January 1, 8, 12, 13, 15, 22, 29
February 5, 9, 10, 12
The 200hr Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training© with Daniel Hickman, is a comprehensive study of yoga & meditation styles. It encompasses ancient traditions with contemporary mind/body culture via the harmony of humanity & nature. This training is designed to cultivate comprehension of foundational theories and practices of yoga & meditation. In it, you will gain technical ‘know how’ through direct experience. Curiosity, creativity and critical thinking are tools you will use to explore, experience, and expand mind/body understanding. This includes your relationship to your ‘self,’ others and the environment. You will develop your voice and style. You will apply these arts & sciences, in a fun and supportive way. You will emerge with greater embodiment of these technologies, and how they relate to modern life, as a yogi and as a teacher.
Weekly Sangha (evenings)
6:30pm – 9:30pm on Tuesdays
Weekend Intensives (monthly)
12:00pm – 6:00pm on Saturdays
10:00pm – 3:00pm * Site Specific Sundays
* temples / wellness centers / parks / artist studios / cultural festivals
- Group Study
- Communication Skills
- Mind/Body Psychologies
- Patanjali’s Astanga (Eight Limbs)
- Budhhadhamma (Eight-Fold Path)
- The Tao Te Ching (Way/Power)
- Pathways of yoga & dhyana
- Asana assists & techniques
- Anatomy & physiology
- Snacks & Tea
Course Work & Practices
- Two (2) asana classes weekly = 44 total.
- One (1) sitting meditation class weekly = 22 total.
- Read & reflect on required literature + the 200hr Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training© manual.
- 60 Day Sadhana – This is a time to go deeper into a solo practice of your own design. It might include disciplines such as: journaling, drawing, research & analysis, physical education, meditation, nutrition, chanting, pranayama, asana, dhyana, environmental awareness and intentionality.
- Some yoga & meditation experience.
- Attend all course sessions:
- Six (6) weekend intensives.
- Twenty three (23) weekday evenings.
- Complete all studies.
- The 200hr Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training© Manual by Daniel Hickman
- Discovering the Body’s Wisdom by Mirka Knaster
- Encyclopedia of Yoga and Tantra by Georg Feuerstein
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – any version (*with Sanskrit) by any author
- The Dhammapada – any version by any author
- The Tao Te Ching – any version by any author
$2750.00 per trainee
$350.00 nonrefundable deposit due upon being accepted to the program.
Copyright © 2010-2018 Daniel Hickman