The Silk Road Sangha
200 Hour Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training
(*2018 dates/time TBD)
The SRS 200hr MYTT is a comprehensive study of yoga & meditation styles. It encompasses ancient traditions with contemporary mind/body culture via the harmony of humanity & nature. This training is designed to cultivate comprehension of fundational theories and practices of yoga & meditation. You will gain technical ‘know how’ through direct experience. Curiosity, creativity and exploration are tools you will use to experience, expand and deepen mind/body understanding. This includes your relationship to others and the environment. You will develop your voice and style, and apply these arts & sciences, in a fun and supportive way. You will emerge with greater embodiment of these technologies and how they relate to modern life – as a yogi and as a teacher.
- Group Study
- Communication Skills
- Mind/Body Psychologies
- Patanjali’s Astanga (Eight Limbs)
- Budhhadhamma (Eight-Fold Path)
- The Tao Te Ching (Way/Power)
- Pathways of yoga & dhyana
- Asana assists & techniques
- Anatomy & physiology
- Snacks & Tea
Course Work & Practices
- Attend at least two (2) asana classes per week.
- Attend at least forty-four (44) asana classes.
- Attend a least one (1) weekly sitting meditation sangha per week.
- Attend at least (22) sitting meditation sanghas.
- Read & reflect on required literature + the MYTT manual.
- 60 Day Sadhana – This is a time to go deeper into a solo practice of your own design. It can include disciplines such as: journaling, drawing, research & analysis, physical education, meditation, nutrition, chanting, pranayama, asana, dhyana, environmental awareness and intentionality.
- Some yoga & meditation experience.
- Attend all course sessions
- Six (6) weekend intensives
- Twenty three (23) weekday evenings.
- Attend at least two (2) asana classes.
- Attend at least one (1) weekly sitting meditation class.
- Complete all studies.
- The SRS MYTT Manual by Daniel Hickman
- Discovering the Body’s Wisdom by Mirka Knaster
- Encyclopedia of Yoga and Tantra by Georg Feuerstein
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – any version (with Sanskrit) by any author
- The Dhammapada – any version by any author
- The Tao Te Ching – any version by any author
$2750.00 for entire course sessions
$350.00 nonrefundable deposit due upon being accepted to the program.
(*2018 dates/time TBD)