The Silk Road Sangha
200 Hour Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training
in Kensington, MD
May 16 – October 17, 2018
*2018 Free Info Sessions 6:30pm on Wednesdays: 3/21, 4/11 & 5/2
The SRYS 200hr MYTT is a comprehensive study of yoga & meditation styles. It blends classical & ancient traditions with contemporary mind-body culture and the harmony of humanity & nature. This training is designed to cultivate comprehension of fundational theories and practices of yoga & meditation. You will gain technical ‘know how’ through direct experience. Curiosity, creativity and exploration are tools you will use to experience, expand and deepen mind-body understanding. This includes your relationship to others and the environment. You will develop your voice and style, and apply these arts & sciences, in a fun and supportive way. You will emerge with greater embodiment of these technologies and how they relate to modern life – as a yogi and a teacher.
Weekly Sangha (every Wednesday evening) ~ 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Weekend Intensives (site specific, one Saturday & Sunday per month) ~ 11am – 7pm
May 16, 19, 20, 23, 30
June 6, 13, 16, 17, 20, 27
July 11, 14, 15, 18, 25
August 1, 8, 11, 12, 15, 22, 29
September 5, 12, 15, 16, 19, 26
October 3, 10, 13, 14, 17
- Patanjali’s Astanga (Eight Limbs)
- Buddha Dharma (Eight Fold Path)
- The Tao (Way/Power)
- Eastern historical pathways of yoga & meditation
- Western body-based psychologies
- Techniques for sequencing & assists (asanas & relaxation)
- Anatomy & physiology (eastern & western perspectives)
- Pranayama (respiration cultivation)
- Meditation (dhyana)
- Skilled Communication
- Study groups
Course Work & Practices
- Attend at least two (2) asana classes per week.
- Attend at least forty-four (44) asana classes.
- Attend a least one (1) weekly sitting meditation sangha per week.
- Attend at least (22) sitting meditation sanghas.
- Read & reflect on required literature + the MYTT manual.
- 60 Day Sadhana – This is a time to go deeper into a solo practice of your own design. It can include disciplines such as: journaling, drawing, research & analysis, physical education, meditation, nutrition, chanting, pranayama, asana, dhyana (meditation), environmental awareness and intentionality.
- Some yoga & meditation experience.
- Attend all course sessions
- Six (6) weekend intensives
- Twenty three (23) weekday evenings.
- Attend at least two (2) asana classes.
- Attend at least one (1) weekly sitting meditation class.
- Complete all studies.
- The SRYS MYTT Manual by Daniel Hickman
- Discovering the Body’s Wisdom by Mirka Knaster
- Encyclopedia of Yoga and Tantra by Georg Feuerstein
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – any version (with Sanskrit) by any author
- The Dhammapada – any version by any author
- The Tao Te Ching – any version by any author
$2750.00 per participant
Deposit: to reserve your space a deposit of $350 is due upon being accepted to the program.