Top of the month meditations sadhana & satsanga
first Saturdays monthly 7:00pm-9:30pm
donation (dana): $15 suggested
2020 • feb 1 • mar 7 • apr 4 • may 2 • jun 6 • *jul 11 • aug 1 • sep 5 • oct 3 • nov 7 • dec 5
Break bread, sit in meditation & chat about: yoga sadhana, buddhadhamma, tao te ching, psychology, ecology, philosophy, humanism & multiculturalism.
- 7:00pm bring food/beverage to share (muy importante)
- 8:00pm dhyana (meditation)
- 8:30pm samma-vaca (skilled speech)
- drop in — no registration required
- zafus, zabutons, blankets and chairs are available.
- suggested *dana (generosity) $15
If you’re unable to contribute the suggested amount, please donate whatever you feel comfortable with; money should not be an obstacle to participating!
meditation & gentle yoga
first sundays MONTHLY 12:30pm-1:30pm
DONATION (DANA): $20 SUGGESTED
2020 • feb 2 • mar 1 • apr 5 • may 3 • jun 7 • *jul 12 • aug 2 • sep 6 • oct 4 • nov 1 • dec 6
Minimally guided sitting meditation (vipassana), mobility training, movement exploration, asanas, pranayama and relaxation.
- just drop in
- no experience necessary
- all levels, ability & conditions
- mats & meditation cushions provided
second saturdays monthly 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Donación (dana): $15 sugerida
2020 • feb 8 • mar 14 • apr 11 • may 9 • jun 13 • *jul 18 • aug 8 • sep 12 • oct 10 • nov 14 • dec 12
Sangha Latinx es para toda persona que se identifica culturalmente, étnícamente o historicamente con una identidad or raíz latino/latina/latin@. Es un espacio abierto, generoso y diverso donde compartimos platos de comida saludable, meditamos en comunidad y conversamos con una comunicación consciente.
Latinophiles are welcome, too!
Todos son bienvenidos.
mindfulness practice intensive
sunday february 23, 2020
1:45pm – 4:30pm
radiance yoga Alexandria, VA
Practice working with (and ‘witnessing’) your mind and heart, with 10, 20, & 30 minute long sessions of sitting meditation. We will practice walking meditations and specific yoga asanas that will help us sit in meditation more comfortably. We will also discuss the intentions of meditation and how, with compassionate listening, to refine the process.
Mindfulness practice is one style of meditation that is sometimes defined as ‘insight arising.’ Some yoga traditions refer to it as ‘the watcher.’ This is formally done with extensive and sustained ‘sits,’ although any amount of time in a sit will benefit a yogi.
*Please bring fruits and veggies to share with the group!
Benefits of sitting meditation include:
- an increased awareness of behavioral thought patterns
- new or hidden realizations in the subconscious level of the ‘self’
- an increase in the immune response and alpha rhythms
- an altered perception of time
Yoga on the rocks since 2007
Wednesday October 28, 2020
all Day long 9:00am-6:00pm
old rag mountain
A stout hike for some, a fun romp in the Appalachian range for others. We’ve been up & down this trail for some time now, big groups, small groups and have decided for a new mid week date. The Ole Ragged Mount has become one of the most popular hikes in Shenandoah National Park of Virginia. We intend to respect the land, the park and all of God’s flora & fauna by trekking lightly on a Wednesday.
- meet in front of the RANGER STATION between 9:00am-10:00am
- wear sturdy shoes, bring 2 liters of water & lunch + snacks
- be in good physical condition for this trek
- happy campers if you please