Top of the month meditations sadhana & satsanga
First fridays monthly 7:00pm-9:30pm
⊳ By dana (donation)
2019 • Sep 6 • Oct 4 • Nov 1 • Dec 6
Break bread, sit in meditation & chat about: yoga sadhana, buddhadhamma, tao te ching, multiculturalism, humanism, philosophy & psychology.
- 7:00pm bring food/beverage to share (muy importante)
- 8:00pm dhyana (meditation)
- 8:30pm samma-vaca (skilled speech)
- Drop in — no registration required
- Zafus, zabutons, blankets and chairs are available.
- Suggested *dana (generosity) $15
If you’re unable to contribute the suggested amount, please donate whatever you feel comfortable with; money should not be an obstacle to participating!
meditation & gentle yoga
sundays MONTHLY 12:30pm-1:30pm
⊳ BY DANA (DONATION)
2019 • Sep 8 • Oct 8 • Nov 10 • Dec 8
- All levels, ability & conditions.
- No experience necessary.
- Class begins with simple breathing practices and gentle meditation.
- Class includes different movements, stretches and positions of the body to increase limberness, blood circulation & qi flow.
- Class concludes with relaxation practices for integration.
west virginia retreat green sulphur springs
OCTOBER 10-13, 2019
⊳ $350.00 per person
Join us for a few days of in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. We will spend the time slowing down and taking care of our mind, body, and spirit. We will connect to nature, with other participants and ourselves. We invite you to join us for relaxing and recharging.
– 8 mostly organic meals
– 3 nights share accommodations
– 5 Yoga & Meditation Sessions
– Creative Art Session
– Wellness Workshop
About your presenters
Daniel Hickman Director of the Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training. Teacher of Adaptive Yoga & Meditation in the MATC at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. Daniel is a traditional rock climber, who bakes bread & cookies, and is a native Washingtonian.
Shadi Moayedi is a student, mind-body educator, and creative workshop facilitator in the Washington DC area. Her passion is the exploration and sharing of wellness. She views wellness as multi-fold, and plays in the areas of nutrition, mind-body practices, and community. She is currently in school at the Maryland University of Integrative Health, getting a Masters in Human Clinical Nutrition.
Yoga on the rocks since 2007
saturday November 2, 2019
*Day long 9:00am-6:00pm
A stout hike for some, a regular romp in the mountains for others!
- Meet in front of the RANGER STATION between 9:00am-10:00am
- Wear sturdy shoes, bring at least 2 liters of water, lunch & salty/sugary snacks.
- INFO on Hiking OLD RAG MOUNTAIN