The Silk Road Yoga Sangha
200 Hour Multidisciplinary Yoga Teacher Training
808 Olney-Sandy Spring Road
Sandy Spring, Maryland 20860 USA
*Info Sessions 6pm – 7pm on Wednesday July 19, August 9 & September 6
The SRYS 200hr MYTT is a comprehensive study of yoga & meditation styles. It blends classical & ancient traditions with contemporary mind-body culture and the harmony of humanity & nature. This training is designed to cultivate comprehension of fundational theories and practices of yoga & meditation. You will gain technical ‘know how’ through direct experience. Curiosity, creativity and exploration are tools you will use to experience, expand and deepen mind-body understanding. This includes your relationship to others and the environment. You will develop your voice and style, and apply these arts & sciences, in a fun and supportive way. You will emerge with greater embodiment of these technologies and how they relate to modern life – as a yogi and a teacher.
Course Dates: September 13, 2017 – February 21, 2018
- Patanjali’s Astanga (Eight Limbs)
- Buddha Dharma (Eight Fold Path)
- The Tao (Way/Power)
- Eastern historical pathways of yoga & meditation
- Western body-based psychologies
- Techniques for sequencing & assists (asanas & relaxation)
- Anatomy & physiology (eastern & western perspectives)
- Pranayama (respiration cultivation)
- Meditation (dhyana)
- Skilled Communication
- Study groups
Course Work & Practices
- Attend at least two (2) asana classes per week.
- Attend at least forty-four (44) asana classes.
- Attend a least one (1) weekly sitting meditation sangha per week.
- Attend at least (22) sitting meditation sanghas.
- Read & reflect on required literature + the MYTT manual.
- 60 Day Sadhana – This is a time to go deeper into a solo practice of your own design. It can include disciplines such as: journaling, drawing, research & analysis, physical education, meditation, nutrition, chanting, pranayama, asana, dhyana (meditation), environmental awareness and intentionality.
- Some yoga & meditation experience.
- Attend all course sessions
- Six (6) weekend intensives
- Twenty three (23) weekday evenings.
- Attend at least two (2) asana classes.
- Attend at least one (1) weekly sitting meditation class.
- Complete all studies.
- The SRYS MYTT Manual by Daniel Hickman
- Discovering the Body’s Wisdom by Mirka Knaster
- Encyclopedia of Yoga and Tantra by Georg Feuerstein
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – any version (with Sanskrit) by any author
- The Dhammapada – any version by any author
- The Tao Te Ching – any version by any author
(includes 6 months of unlimited yoga classes)
Early Bird Price! Sign up before Feb 10th $350 nonrefundable deposit PLUS one payment of $2,449 ($300 savings!)
Option 1: $350 nonrefundable deposit PLUS 1 Payment of $2,749
Option 2:$350 nonrefundable deposit PLUS 3 Payments of $1,015
Option 3: for students who do not wish to receive a RYT-200 certificate: $350 nonrefundable deposit PLUS 1 Payment of $2,449
Deposit: to reserve your space a deposit of $350 is due upon being accepted to the program.